Our future plans are:
- Revision and upgrading the curriculum based on needs and market demand of public and private agriculture sectors.
- Expansion of laboratory facilities and activities.
- Establishment and installation of a greenhouse (plastic tunnel) for off-season vegetable and fruit production.
- Search for appropriate land near Kabul city for establishing vegetable seedlings and fruit tree saplings nursery, fruit tree orchards,
best practices of vegetable and fruit production, vineyard establishment and Trellising.
- Seeking for small packing and packaging facilities which will be used as a demo facility for students.
- Close cooperation with ATVI-East and ATVI-Helmand in curriculum development/revision/upgrade. etc.
The mentioned program will be implemented by horticulture department staff. The facilities and materials/equipment/tools will be
procured/installed/operated after getting required fund. Those items of the plan which don’t need fund or can be managed with the present fund,
will be started immediately. Other items of the program which need new fund will be implemented whenever we get the fund.
The factors that can help us in achieving our goals are:
Revision and Upgrading: Revision and upgrading of the curriculum will be arranged with the present facilities.
Laboratory Expansion: Expansion of the laboratories will need mor equipment/tools/materials.
Greenhouse: Establishment and installation of a greenhouse (plastic tunnel) for off-season vegetable and fruit production needs space,
Fund/Donors: Appropriate land for establishing vegetable seedlings and fruit tree saplings nursery, fruit tree orchards, best practices of
vegetable and fruit production, vineyard establishment and Trellising need fund/donors. Packing and packaging facilities also need donor/fund.
Cooperation: Cooperation with ATVI-East and ATVI-Helmand in curriculum development/revision/upgrading can be arranged with present facilities.
Tools Procurements: For efficient vegetable and fruit protection diagnostic equipment, pesticides (insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, etc.) application tools procurement donors/funds are required.